Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Ornamental Traditions with Author Lacy Williams

Christmas Eve

I love going through our ornaments at Christmas, reminiscing the memories of that particular year. Author Lacy Williams does too. Today, she's sharing a few of her favorites with us.



My husband and I started a tradition during our second married Christmas. We purchased one of those customizable ornaments with our names on it. Unfortunately we didn’t do it our first Christmas as husband and wife so we had to get two that year and backdate one. :)







It was just the two of us for almost seven years, then over the next four we were blessed to add to our ornaments! This is the one from this year. Each one is special to me because it represents our family and the tradition of buying one each year.






And this other ornament was given to me before Luke and I were married. I had been to a dirty Santa gift exchange and ended up with a gag gift that was pretty horrible for an unmarried 19-year-old (I don’t even remember what it was—I think a menopause voodoo doll. One of the older ladies from the gift exchange gave me the ornament several days later. She might’ve just felt sorry for me but I still remember it and am thankful for someone giving a kind gift that brightened my Christmas that year!





Thanks for sharing your tradition with us, Lacy!





Lacy Williams is a wife and mom from the state of Oklahoma in
the U.S. She grew up on a farm, which is where her love of cowboys was born. In reality, she's married to a right-brained banker (happily with three kiddos). She gets to express her love of western men by writing historical romance. Her books have finaled in the RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Awards (2012, 2013 & 2014), the Golden Quill and the Booksellers Best Award.

Lacy also writes YA action romance under the pen name Lacy Yager. She has a soft spot for bad boy heroes and heroines with swords. Although her teen years are long behind her, she enjoys writing about the drama and first love that comes with this time in our lives.

Lacy loves to hear from readers at lacyjwilliams@gmail.com. She posts short stories and giveaways at her website www.lacywilliams.net and can be found on social media at www.facebook.com/lacywilliamsbooks , www.facebook.com/unholyallianceseries and www.twitter.com/lacy_williams .

No comments:

Post a Comment