Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Powerful Prayers for Your Son: Praying for Every Part of His Life



Parents know that their children need their prayers. But sometimes, they aren't sure where to start. For moms and dads who long to lift their kids up in prayer, Powerful Prayers for Your Daughter and Powerful Prayers for Your Son offer hope, encouragement, and practical help.

Rob and Joanna Teigen assure parents that just because they don't always understand their son or daughter, that doesn't mean that God doesn't. Collecting specific prayers parents can use, along with stories from other parents about how God has answered their prayers, Rob and Joanna give readers a strong foundation to build a lifelong habit of praying for their kids. They also explain what boys and girls need to learn as they grow up, including character, courage, modesty, self-control, forgiveness, and more, so parents can pray for every part of their kids' lives.
 


Publisher: Revell, 2014
Genre: non-fiction, parenting, prayer
Authors: Rob & Joanna Reuben



My Review
I requested this book because I have three sons, two of which are teenagers. As we're diving into new territory with first jobs, driver's licences, college scouting, and dating, I've upped the intensity of my prayers. Will they make the right choices when Mom and Dad aren't around? Will they stand up for what's right when the pressure is on? Are they taking their relationship with God seriously? I know I'm not alone with these thoughts feelings. So I was delighted when I got the opportunity to read and review this book. 

With 77 short prayers, the authors guide readers to the various topics specifically geared to young men. Using their own son's life as an example, they share their expertise, fears, and lessons learned. The book also contains stories from other moms and their testimonies of faith. 

This is a book I'll keep on my shelf and come back to offen, I'm sure. I give this book four stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment